Dear XebiaLabs community,
We are pleased to announce the release of XL Deploy 7.0.0. This release provides a new experience as soon as you start XL Deploy. The fast, streamlined user interface that was previously released as a Technical Preview is now the default interface, allowing you to deploy applications, work with configuration items, view reports, and set up access control.
With XL Deploy 7.0.0, you can use the new interface to:
- Monitor the status of all active deployment tasks and control tasks in the Task Monitor
- Assign active tasks to yourself or to other users for further action
- Execute control tasks that perform useful actions such as checking XL Deploy's connection to a host
- Fully control your deployments by manually adjusting the mapping of deployable items to containers
- Schedule a deployment or rollback to be executed at a future date and time
- Import deployment or provisioning packages from a remote location, from your computer, or from the XL Deploy server
- Export deployment and provisioning packages as Deployment ARchive (DAR) files
- View the history of a configuration item and compare past revisions to one another
- Organize configuration items by moving them into directories
Tip: The legacy XL Deploy interface is still available; to access it, simply select Legacy interface from the gear icon menu.
In addition, XL Deploy 7.0.0 includes:
- Unix and Microsoft Windows service wrappers for the satellite module
- Cardinality support for provisionables such as AWS EC2 instances and AWS S3 buckets
Before upgrading, please read about the changes in the release manual and review the upgrade instructions. If you're upgrading from XL Deploy 6.0.x, be sure to review the changes in the XL Deploy 6.1.x and XL Deploy 6.2.x release manuals.
You can download the release at the XebiaLabs Software Distribution site.
XL Deploy 7.0.0 is a long-term support (LTS) version that will be supported for a year after it is superseded by the next major LTS release. For more information, refer to Short-term support/Long-term support policy.