Dear XebiaLabs community,
We are pleased to announce the release of XL Release 7.0, which delivers a number of new features that improve control over release details and efficiency for users. This also serves as an LTS version to support new features from XL Release 6.1 and 6.2.
Here are a few of the biggest new features in XL Release 7.0, and you can find additional new capabilities in the releases notes.
- Strike the right balance with your release notifications so that important messages aren’t ignored and teams aren’t spammed. Flexible release notifications now include customizable subjects and messages, rich text formatting, flags for important emails, and granular control over who receives which messages. You now also get control over release notifications through ChatOps, using new community plugins for Hip Chat, Slack and Pager Duty.
- Get improved control over management of Blackout windows, during which release tasks are unable to start.
- Easily drill down to learn why releases are at risk using the improved Risk dashboard tile, which shows detailed risk calculations for each release.
- For users who prefer to specify their releases as code using Xfiles, you can now preview templates as Xfiles in the UI as well as export templates to Xfile format from the UI and public API.
- Better control your automated deployments through deeper integration with XL Deploy.
- Save time using XL Release Single Sign-On with Kerberos Windows SSO authentication.
- Easily distinguish between templates and releases with new release progress bar in release flow and distinctive "TEMPLATE" label on templates.
- Find what you need fast with multi-tag search capability for on release value stream, folders, templates and release calendar.
- And more...
Before upgrading, please read about the changes in the release manual and review the upgrade instructions. If you're upgrading from XL Release 6.0.x, be sure to review the changes in the XL Release 6.1.x and XL Release 6.2.x release manuals.
You can download the release at the XebiaLabs Software Distribution site.
XL Release 7.0.0 is a long-term support (LTS) version that will be supported for a year after it is superseded by the next major LTS release. For more information, refer to Short-term support/Long-term support policy.