Dear XebiaLabs Community,
We are pleased to announce the release of XL Release 7.5, which boosts the scalability and performance of XL Release significantly, allows you to customize risk profiles for different templates and releases, and provides many other exciting features. This version also serves as an LTS version to support new features from XL Release 7.1 and 7.2.
Here are a few of the biggest new features in XL Release 7.5:
- New technology for backend database provides better scalability and performance
- Supported databases now include Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, DB2, MySQL
- XL Release now supports running in Active/Active cluster mode
- Customizable Risk Intelligence feature allows risk profiles to be customized per release and template, allowing risk calculations to be based on business needs
- Fresh new design for the release dashboard helps users find the most valuable release information at a glance
- Users can now conduct bulk operations on multiple tasks and releases at once, saving time and improving accuracy
- Single sign-on capability and multi factor authentication provide greater security, convenience and flexibility for teams. This functionality is available through Open ID Connect plugin.
- Inline code editor makes writing scripts easy with its intelligent code completion capabilities and provides better readability
- Usability improvements throughout the application
IMPORTANT NOTE: With the new backend database technology, upgrading to XL Release 7.5 requires additional migration steps – please follow these specific instructions to upgrade.
Before upgrading, please read about the changes in the release manual and review the upgrade instructions. If you're upgrading from XL Release 6.0.x, be sure to review the changes in the XL Release 7.1.x and XL Release 7.2.x release manuals.
You can download the release at the XebiaLabs Software Distribution site.
XL Release 7.5.0 is a long-term support (LTS) version that will be supported for a year after it is superseded by the next major LTS release. For more information, refer to Short-term support/Long-term support policy.