Dear XebiaLabs community,
We are pleased to announce the release of XL Deploy 5.0.0 beta 1. This beta version of XL Deploy introduces several new features.
New interfaces for applications and environments
To improve usability for new users, XL Deploy now includes additional interfaces for creating applications (deployment packages) and environments. To use these interfaces, go to the Deployment Workspace and click the buttons in the Packages and Deployed Applications panes.
Satellite technology option
XL Satellite technology is an optional addition that enables you to distribute software across low-bandwidth connections and across platforms with increased reliability and scalability:
- Stand-alone XL Satellite processes run in each datacenter
- XL Deploy orchestrates deployments to each satellite
- The satellites receive the deployment files (artifacts) and deploy them
- Deployment files are streamed to the satellites securely and reliably
Flexible artifact storage
In addition to using XL Deploy's internal repository to store deployment artifacts (files), you can now refer artifacts that are stored in external locations such as a Maven repository.
Dependencies between application versions
You can now define dependencies between versions of applications. XL Deploy will check dependencies during deployment and alert you if a required version is missing from the environment.
Additional new features
- It's now easy to install XL Deploy as a service or daemon in Unix and Microsoft Windows environments.
- In addition to installing plugins as JAR files, you can now install them as XLDP files. The XLDP format is a ZIP archive that bundles the plugin with all of its dependencies.
- [DEPL-4055] - Do not show a message when the user tries to deploy a version of an application to an environment where that version is already deployed
- [DEPL-7373] - Show application name and version on applications and deployment packages in the deployment workspace
- [DEPL-7374] - Allow the user to drag an application or a deployment package into the deployment workspace
- [DEPL-7399] - Require confirmation when saving changes to the roles that are defined on the admin screen
- [DEPL-7454] - Produce both application/xml and text/xml in the /server REST API endpoint
- [DEPL-7479] - Show deployment packages in descending order in the deployment workspace packages pane
- [DEPL-7870] - Access the ExecutionContext from a FreeMarker template in the Generic plugin
- [DEPL-7152] - Expose uploaded OverthereFile in FreeMarker templates in os-script step primitive
- [DEPL-7158] - Expose the deployed and previousDeployed as calculated step parameters
- [DEPL-7434] - Prevent repository browser tree from collapsing after configuration item is edited
- [DEPL-7573] - In the generic plugin, upload the artifact associated with the previous deployed upon MODIFY step
- [DEPL-7867] - Do not cache configuration item information when performing repositoryResource.query in script
Download the release here: