Dear XebiaLabs community,
We are pleased to announce the release of XL Deploy 4.1.0-beta-1. This beta release of XL Deploy contains the new rule based planner and the UI extensions.
N.B.: This is a beta version that is only meant to allow our users to try out upcoming functionality and provide us with feedback. The features and functionality in this release will most likely be changed before the final release, based on the feedback from this beta. Only run this version of XL Deploy in a test environment!
* Rule-based deployment model
* Rules allow you to specify behavior during deployment planning.
* Rules can be used to add behavior or change and disable behavior off plugins.
* Rules can be defined with XML and Python so no java is required.
* XL Deploy ships with a set of standard steps that can be used by rules
* Copy artifact
* Execute remote operating system (OS) script
* Resolve template
* Delete artifact
* Execute a PowerShell script
* Allow the XLD server and UI to be extended with new endpoints and new UI components.
* Documentation is not ready yet, but will be added in a later (beta) release.
The distribution can be downloaded here:
A new manual for rules has been added to the XL Deploy documentation included in the distribution. The documentation can also be found online here.
http://dexter.xebialabs.com/betas/releases/4.1/xl-deploy/ (Rules manual)
You can also take a look at the rule demo plugin which already includes some ready to use example code.
We like to hear your feedback about the beta. We collect all feedback in a thread on our forum. This thread can also be used to ask questions.
The XebiaLabs Team.