Dear XebiaLabs community,
We are pleased to announce the release of XL Deploy 5.0.0 beta 2. This beta version of XL Deploy introduces several new features.
XL Deploy user interface improvements
The XL Deploy user interface has been improved:
- In the Deployment Workspace, you can set up a deployment by dragging an application or deployment package onto the target environment or onto a deployed application.
- In the Repository, you can double-click an item in the hierarchy (such as a directory) to expand it.
- The menu that appears in the top-right corner has been improved.
- New icons for applications, environments, infrastructure, and other items have been introduced.
Automatically map deployeds
When you set up a deployment, the artifacts and resources in your deployment package are now automatically mapped to the containers in the target environment. You can use the buttons at the top of the Deployment Workspace to change the mapping.
Allow deployment by sub-groups
Four new by deployment group orchestrators allow you to deploy to sub-groups and sub-sub-groups of middleware containers sequentially or in parallel.
- [DEPL-6860] - Ensure that uploading large artifacts does not result in a Java heap space error
- [DEPL-7371] - Automatically map all deployeds when starting to configure a deployment
- [DEPL-7391] - Allow for orchestrating a deployment using deployment subgrouping
- [DEPL-7393] - Remove "The deployed application and application package have the same version" warning
- [DEPL-7446] - Allow user to drag deployment packages and applications directly onto the target environment or deployed application
- [DEPL-7463] - Always show CI property descriptions below fields (instead of when hovering)
- [DEPL-7465] - Allow user to expand a directory by double-clicking it
- [DEPL-7944] - Improve installer integration tests
- [DEPL-7509] - Add optional script parameter to Jython step primitive and remove the script-path parameter
- [DEPL-7920] - Ensure that the correct version number appears on the UI after migration to a new version
- [DEPL-7979] - Prevent passwords from being exposed in .task files
Download the release here at https://dist.xebialabs.com.