Dear XebiaLabs community,
We are pleased to announce the release of XL Release 5.0.0. This major version of XL Release offers configurable release dashboards that gather information from your releases and third-party tools, so you can easily see the features that are part of each release. Now you can set up your own dashboard using multiple configurable "tiles", which provide independent views into particular XL Release or third-party data. You can specify which tiles you want to see and arrange them however you like.
This version also introduces Advanced Release Orchestration to help you better orchestrate and control large, complex releases. You can now look at a group of releases as a whole unit, which is helpful to understand the progress of a business feature. Releases can better manage relationships and dependencies between components and between different releases.
In this release:
- Using new customizable release dashboards, you can get a clear view into the features that are included in each release and the health of a release as it runs, as well as insight into release data from third-party tools
- XL Release now supports advanced release orchestration scenarios through the Create Release task type, which allows you to create:
- Master releases that start and depend on subreleases
- Kickstart releases that only serve to start other releases
- Recurring and chained releases that model your sprint processes
- Templates and releases now include a filterable table view that makes it easier to work with complicated, enterprise-scale releases
- More remote scripting features are available with full support for the Overthere framework
- In addition to Parallel Groups, XL Release now supports Sequential Groups for tasks
- Many bugs have been fixed; you can read about these in the release manual
Important: Java SE Development Kit (JDK) 8 is required for XL Release 5.0.0. Java 7 is not supported.
You can download XL Release 5.0.0 at the XebiaLabs Software Distribution site.