Dear XebiaLabs community,
XL Deploy 6.0.0 provides enhanced flexibility and visibility for large enterprises that have complex, organization-wide DevOps initiatives. This release also provides performance improvements when generating deployment plans, when using application dependencies, when executing multiple deployments at the same time, and when transferring files to Microsoft Windows hosts.
Also, XL Deploy 6.0.0 includes a Technical Preview of the Explorer, an HTML-based user interface for managing configuration items, deploying applications, and provisioning environments.
In this release:
- The new Explorer allows you to work with configuration items, deploy applications, and provision environments, all from a single, HTML5-based interface
- XL Deploy supports the SMB protocol for better performance when transferring files to Windows hosts, compared to the CIFS protocol
- New task execution engine options allow you to adjust XL Deploy's performance for your specific needs
- The deployment and provisioning models have been merged to provide a streamlined workflow for provisioning cloud-based environments
- You can automatically archive completed tasks according to a custom schedule
- Application dependencies have been optimized with new orchestrators, a flexible dependency resolution strategy, and automatic undeployment of dependent applications
You can download the release at the XebiaLabs Software Distribution site.
We want your feedback on the new XL Deploy user interface! Please share your experience with the Technical Preview here.