Dear XebiaLabs community,
With DevOps adoption expanding across the enterprise, XL Release 6.0.0 helps large organizations simplify and better manage the growing complexity of their DevOps initiatives. It focuses on providing the visibility, flexibility, and compliance features enterprises need to scale their DevOps release processes and keep up with business demands.
XL Release 6.0.0 empowers teams across the business to manage releases at enterprise scale, delivering:
- Better capability to manage releases at large scale, from a central location, across many teams
- Deeper insight into your release process and better intelligence to make decisions
- More flexibility to manage and present release data in the most efficient way for your team
- Simplified auditing and regulatory compliance
XL Release 6.0.0 introduces multi-functional release folders that make it easy to organize, manage, and secure release information across hundreds of teams, projects, and releases. It also introduces task tags, a lightweight and flexible mechanism for creating and tracking release content at a granular level. Finally, high availability is here: XL Release supports an active/hot-standby configuration that ensures uninterrupted service for users, even in the case of a system failure.
In this release:
- Folders provide an intuitive way to organize your templates and releases by project, by team, or by any other model that fits your organization
- You can add tags to tasks in a template or release, search by tag in the release table view, and see the progress of tagged tasks in release dashboards
- XL Release supports a high availability setup with hot standby
- The XL Release API allows you to create phases in templates and releases
- You can create global and release list box variables to use in User Input tasks
You can download the release at the XebiaLabs Software Distribution site.