Dear XebiaLabs community,
We are pleased to announce the release of XL Release 7.6.0. This release introduces several new critical capabilities to XL Release. The new Release Relationship View lets you see how your releases and templates relate to each other in a combined big picture view. The Plugin Manager allows you to find and integrate plugins into your XL Release instance. And Template Version Control gives you visibility into and control over the changes made to your release process, ensuring you know what happened when.
Important: XL Release 7.6.1 replaces this version of XL Release. Please upgrade as soon as possible.
Release Relationship View
The Release Relationship View enables you to easily manage large, complex releases and their dependencies. This view helps you visualize complex microservices and their dependencies in a tree structure that highlights the critical path, so that you can see problems as soon as they occur and take the necessary actions to bring them under control.
Note: The Release Relationship View is provided as a plugin that is compatible with Release 7.5.0 and later.
One of the great features of XL Release is that it helps you glue together different integrations in an easy, intuitive way. To make this even easier, XL Release 7.6.0 introduces a Plugin Manager, which shows a unified overview of all installed plugins in the XL Release user interface.
Template Version Control
XL Release 7.6.0 makes it easier than ever to track changes to a template and to revert past changes through the new Template Version Control feature. While XL Release has always automatically tracked template changes for compliance and auditing purposes, it now allows you to save specific versions of a template, so it’s easy for you to roll back changes. Template Version Control also enables you to label templates and to compare saved template versions by viewing them as code in XL Release’s Releasefile format.
XL Release 7.6.0 makes it easier than ever to implement dual-mode DevOps by expanding the Releasefile format. In previous versions of XL Release, you could define a template in Groovy code and create a release from it using a Groovy task; now, you can do the same to create a template directly from code.
Additionally, you can now use a Releasefile to:
- Define teams and permissions for templates and releases
- Configure the release dashboard and its tiles for templates and releases
- Define triggers for templates
- Include attachments in templates
XL Release 7.6.0 also includes:
- Customizable user interface labels that help you distinguish between different XL Release instances or environments
- Improved email notifications that identify the XL Release server that generated the notification
- Extended options in Notification tasks: From Address, CC, BCC, Reply To Address, and Priority
- Enhanced LDAP/Active Directory integration that intelligently identifies LDAP users and groups and sends them notification emails, even if they do not have an XL Release user profile
- A more intuitive top navigation bar
- Usability improvements throughout the user interface
- Bug fixes and more...
You can download the release at the XebiaLabs Software Distribution site.
XL Release 7.6.0 is a short-term support (STS) version that will be supported until it is superseded by the next STS or long-term support (LTS) version. For more information, refer to Short-term support/Long-term support policy.