Dear XebiaLabs community,
We are pleased to announce the release of the XebiaLabs DevOps Platform 8.2.0, which offers enhanced flexibility, security, and visibility for your software delivery pipelines. In addition, we have released new versions of our integrations with AWS, ServiceNow, Microsoft Azure, Bamboo, WebSphere, WebLogic, Fortify SSC, and SonarQube.
Achieve low-maintenance container deployments with AWS Fargate
AWS Fargate allows you to run containers in the cloud without provisioning, configuring, scaling, or managing clusters of virtual machines. Fargate offers seamless infrastructure scaling and full integration with AWS Elastic Container Service (ECS). XebiaLabs now offers full support for Fargate deployments, so you can migrate applications from other platforms to Fargate with just a few clicks, while benefiting from XebiaLabs' declarative deployment model, agentless architecture, and support for automated rollback.
Manage containers in the cloud with improved AWS ECS support
XebiaLabs' support for deployments to AWS Elastic Container Service (ECS) has been improved with intelligent logic for deployment updates, so you can efficiently scale applications running on ECS. XebiaLabs also provides built-in best practices through default ECS settings, so you can get started quickly and easily.
Automate change management with XebiaLabs' ServiceNow integration
Thanks to XebiaLabs' integration with ServiceNow, you can make change management a fully integrated part of the end-to-end software delivery process. XebiaLabs enables you to automatically create and update ServiceNow service requests, incident requests, change requests, tasks, and more, directly from releases. And XebiaLabs can synchronize the information in tickets from ServiceNow, Jira, and other tools in your DevOps pipeline, so you don’t have to update tickets manually, you can be sure the information in tickets is accurate, and you can more easily meet audit requirements and create accurate compliance reports.
Manage satellites through a user-friendly graphical interface
XebiaLabs' satellite module is designed to execute application deployments at remote data centers reliably and securely, at scale. Taking command of satellites is easier than ever, thanks to a new graphical user interface that allows you to manage satellites and monitor their health from XL Deploy.
Store credentials for accessing artifacts securely
When deploying applications, the XebiaLabs DevOps Platform allows you to access application artifacts that are stored in a repository such as Artifactory or Nexus. You can now store the credentials needed to access externally stored artifacts in a secure way, ensuring that user names and passwords cannot be read by other XebiaLabs users.
Manage templates in GitLab and Bitbucket source control
The XebiaLabs DevOps Platform 8.1.0 introduced the option to manage your release templates in GitHub. In the 8.2.0 release, this feature has been expanded with support for storing templates in GitLab and Bitbucket, giving you even more opportunity to take advantage of the features that source control offers, such as revision tracking, easy comparison of changes, and centralized security.
Configure proxies for identity providers
XebiaLabs uses the OpenID Connect (OIDC) protocol to support user authentication with identity providers such as OKTA, Keycloak, and Azure Active Directory (Office 365). You now have more flexible options for user authentication and application security thanks to support for configurable OIDC provider proxy settings.
New versions of integrations now available
We are pleased to announce the following new versions of integrations:
- XL Deploy integration for Bamboo 8.0.0, which introduces support for Bamboo 6.5
- Azure integration for XL Deploy 7.5.3, which adds support for proxies
- WebSphere Application Server (WAS) integration for XL Deploy 8.0.1, which allows you to configure the path to the wsadmin scripting tool on the deployment target
We have also released the following versions containing bug and compatibility fixes:
- AWS integration for XL Deploy 7.5.3
- WebLogic (WLS) integration for XL Deploy 7.0.1 and 8.0.1
- XL Deploy integration for XL Release 7.5.3 and 8.2.0
- Fortify SSC integration for XL Release 8.2.0
- SonarQube integration for XL Release 8.2.0
This release introduces several improvements to XL Impact:
- A new interface for monitoring and managing the crawlers that retrieve data from your DevOps tools, to aid in troubleshooting issues with integrations
- An improved interface that simplifies connecting XL Impact to your other DevOps tools and that makes it easier to filter data sources to enhance KPI measurements
- Out-of-the-box monitoring capability for the on-premises version of XL Impact
This release also includes additional improvements to XL Release:
- When creating a new release, you can choose to store it in any folder
- New permissions for editing preconditions and failure handlers on tasks
- An optional report dashboard tile that shows the top 10 most-involved people
Finally, this release introduces improvements to the XL Deploy graphical user interface:
- Right-click support for the configuration item tree in the Explorer
- One-click copy of deployment task IDs
- One-click save and close for configuration items
- More filters on the Task Monitor for control tasks
- Consistent date and time formats throughout the interface
For complete details about this release, please refer to the release notes:
- XL Release 8.2.0
- XL Deploy 8.2.0
- XL Deploy AWS Plugin 8.2.0
- XL Deploy AWS Plugin 7.5.3
- XL Deploy Azure Plugin 7.5.3
- XL Deploy WebSphere Application Server Plugin 8.0.1
- XL Deploy WebLogic Plugin 7.0.1
- XL Deploy WebLogic Plugin 8.0.1
- XL Release ServiceNow Plugin 8.2.0
- XL Release Fortify SSC Plugin 8.2.0
- XL Release SonarQube Plugin 8.2.0
The XebiaLabs DevOps Platform 8.2.0 is a short-term support (STS) version that will be supported until it is superseded by the next STS or long-term support (LTS) version. For more information, refer to Supported XebiaLabs product versions.