We are pleased to announce the release of Digital.ai Release and Digital.ai Deploy 9.7, which offers new integrations with Digital.ai VersionOne and Digital.ai Continuum, as well as new security, audit, and compliance features.
Connect release orchestration to enterprise agile planning
Digital.ai Release now integrates with Digital.ai VersionOne to connect software release activity to the enterprise agile planning process, facilitating the flow of value from ideation and planning, all the way to release in production. Together, Digital.ai Release and Digital.ai VersionOne make it easy to visualize, control, monitor, and audit the end-to-end software planning and delivery process.
You can use the Digital.ai VersionOne integration to automatically create, update, and query VersionOne assets as part of your release templates. For example, you can:
- Track and respond to automated test failures—If a test fails during the release process, automatically create a defect or change the status of an existing asset
- Capture critical audit information—Retrieve important details from assets, such as who a story is assigned to, and include those details in the release audit report
- Control the release flow—Use gates to pause the progress of a release until an asset reaches a specified state
Get real-time visibility into complex release processes
Digital.ai Release now integrates with Digital.ai Continuum to provide real-time status updates on the progresses of releases, in the context of Continuum's package and feature progression views. By connecting Digital.ai Release with Digital.ai Continuum, you can:
- Use the Delivery at a Glance dashboard to instantly see the content and business impact of each release
- Take advantage of Digital.ai Release's intuitive release flow modeling that supports both automated and manual release tasks
- Orchestrate complex release processes with out-of-the-box support for popular build, test, and deployment tools, including Digital.ai Deploy
- Automatically capture compliance data and generate easy-to-read audit reports
Seamless integration with secrets management solutions
To effectively manage secrets such as passwords, passphrases, and API keys across products, projects, and teams, many organizations adopt a secrets management tool. Digital.ai Release can now automatically retrieve secrets from a secrets management tool while a release is running, ensuring that:
- Sensitive data can be managed centrally, so teams don't have to copy data from a secrets management tool to Digital.ai Release
- Release tasks are always executed with the most up-to-date values for passwords, keys, and other secrets, reducing the chance of errors
- Digital.ai Release complies with corporate requirements for storage and usage of secrets
Digital.ai Release 9.7 includes out-of-the-box support for Hashicorp Vault and CyberArk Conjur, as well as a generic interface that you can extend to integrate with your preferred secrets management solution.
Enhanced audit reporting for Digital.ai Deploy
The release audit report provides detailed information about everything that happened in a release: what tasks it contained, who executed those tasks, when and where they were executed, and which tools Digital.ai Release worked with to run automated tasks. The release audit report now automatically captures additional information about deployments that are executed in Digital.ai Deploy, such as who owned the deployment task, which environment was targeted, the result of the deployment, and whether it was rolled back.
In addition, the new Digital.ai Deploy user permissions report makes it easy to provide auditors with a detailed record of the roles that are defined in the system and the global and local permissions assigned to each role. The report is exported in Microsoft Excel format, so it's easy for technical and business stakeholders to read, filter, search, and share audit data.
Expanded DevOps tool integration with webhooks
It's easier than ever to integrate Digital.ai Release seamlessly with other tools in your DevOps landscape, thanks to webhook event triggers. A webhook event trigger listens to event sources such as Continuous Integration tools, source control management tools, and artifact repositories. When an event occurs in a source, Digital.ai Release automatically starts a release, based on a specified template. For example, if a pull request is opened on a certain GitHub repository and given the "build" label, then Digital.ai Release can start a release pipeline that will run automated tests and perform other release tasks related to the code in the pull request.
Webhook event triggers include advanced filtering capabilities, so you have granular control over the event conditions that trigger a release. You can create filters using an easy-to-use visual designer or by writing Jython or Groovy scripts.
Support for custom text and images on log-in screens
Organizations in highly regulated industries often require that internal IT systems warn users that they are not allowed to use the system unless they are authorized to do so. To ensure that Digital.ai Release and Digital.ai Deploy comply with this requirement, administrators can now add custom text and images to their log-in screens.
In Digital.ai Release:
- Passwords and other sensitive data can now safely be used in non-password fields, such as playbooks in Ansible tasks.
- The Task Overview now offers better search capabilities and a new grid view.
- The usability of the Release Relationship View has been improved.
- Aborting a Digital.ai Deploy deployment task from the Digital.ai Release integration will now abort the corresponding deployment in Digital.ai Deploy.
Also, in Digital.ai Deploy, performance when deploying a folder that contains a large number of files has been greatly improved.
The Digital.ai Deploy integration for Atlassian Bamboo has been updated to ensure compatibility with versions up to and including Bamboo 7.0.2.
Bug fixes have been implemented for the following Digital.ai Release integrations:
- Fortify on Demand integration
- Octopus Deploy integration
- SonarQube integration
- Sonatype Nexus IQ integration
- Digital.ai VersionOne integration
Bug fixes have been implemented for the following Digital.ai Deploy integrations:
- AWS integration
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) integration
- Oracle WebLogic integration
- IBM WebSphere integration
- Microsoft Azure integration
- Kubernetes integration
- Red Hat OpenShift integration
- Oracle Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) integration
For complete details about this release, please refer to the release notes:
- Digital.ai Release
- Digital.ai Deploy
- Digital.ai Release VersionOne integration
- Digital.ai Release Fortify on Demand integration
- Digital.ai Release Octopus Deploy integration
- Digital.ai Release Relationship View
- Digital.ai Release SonarQube integration
- Digital.ai Release Sonatype Nexus IQ integration
- Digital.ai Release VersionOne integration
- Digital.ai Deploy AWS integration
- Digital.ai Deploy IIS integration
- Digital.ai Deploy WebLogic integration
- Digital.ai Deploy WebSphere integration
- Digital.ai Deploy Azure integration
- Digital.ai Deploy Kubernetes integration
- Digital.ai Deploy OpenShift integration
- Digital.ai Deploy Oracle SOA integration
Digital.ai Release and Digital.ai Deploy 9.7 is a long-term support (LTS) version that will be supported for a year after it is superseded by the next major LTS release. For more information, refer to Supported product versions.