From XLR 7.0, notification settings are configurable on the global level, using symbolic roles like "Release admin", "Task owner", "Task Team" and "Watcher". See Configure Notification Settings in the documentation.
This is what you can do when developing a template that is in use, without interrupting use of the original template.
- If not already in a folder, move the template into a folder and configure the teams.
- Create a subfolder called 'Under development'
- In the 'Under development' folder, uncheck 'Inherit teams and permissions from parent folder' and configure the existing teams to only point at you
- Copy the original template, disable triggers (if any) and move it to the 'Under development' folder
- Update and test the template that's 'Under development'
- When done, move the new template back up
- Remove or rename the old template and disable triggers.
- Enable triggers on new template
Would this work for you?